Psoriasis is one of the commonly known skin problems that arise due to faulty metabolic functions or even a drop by the body processes immunity system. People of both sexes aged between 15-30 years are typically impacted by this complaint, removing the infants and also the aged. The skin becomes thick while using formation of red and silvery patches resembling scales followed by itching and pain. Psoriasis mainly affects the knees, elbows, trunk, skin behind the ears and scalp, which sometimes spread towards the genitals and underarms. It is not a contagious disease but demands serious awareness of prevent aggravation.
The following symptoms point people to Psoriasis
1. Appearance of scaly silvery and red patches around the skin
2. Pain and itching in the skin
3. Foul smell coming out of the body
4. Irritation in the skin
Following will be the probable reasons behind Psoriasis
1. Faulty metabolism of amino acids
2. Abnormal skin growth
3. Poor body immunity
5. Skin injury or any infection
6. Unhealthy lifestyle.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Below may be the list of some simple home cures, that are impressive for Psoriasis.
1. 1 drop of oregano oil and a pair of drops of calendula oil are mixed in a cup full of essential olive oil, and gently rubbed around the affected skin. This is a very helpful treatment for Psoriasis.
2. A decoction is prepared by simmering 25 grams each of Chamomile and Burdock flowers by 50 percent liter of water. Few drops of honey are put into it and held in the refrigerator. Taking 3-4 tablespoons of this decoction regularly is very helpful in laser hair removal.
3. 4 marigold flower heads are boiled in 4 servings of water for just two minutes and cooled. Massaging this mixture on the scalp and washing them back which has a mild shampoo decreases the skin irritation because of Psoriasis. Few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar may be added towards the rinsing water for a better wash.
4. Application of a mud pack of Fuller’s earth combined with water on the affected regions produces excellent results which help in detaching the toxins from your skin.
5. Hot Epsom salt baths are widely practiced for treating Psoriasis. The skin absorbs the salt and improves the the circulation of blood. Application of extra virgin olive oil following the bath gives better results.
6. Application of the de-veined cabbage leaves on the affected regions is another useful do-it-yourself solution incurring Psoriasis.
7. Regular sea bathing or applying sea water for the affected areas is among the best remedies for this skin disorder.
8. It is also good to apply a mixture of Aloe Vera gel and olive oil about the affected skin since the herb has remarkable skin healing properties.